Review: Panda Cloud AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks for the review AvinashR. I will send you a PM to get in touch with you about the remote.

3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Great job avinash. Thanks for a concise and insightful review. I also agree that PCAV is a light and capable AV.

4. AvinashR

Thanks guys...Your comments would be highly appreciable there...:p

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Very nice review- I made a post over at the linked site too. I am wondering what tweaks, if any, would be needed to have Panda Cloud run alongside a resident av such as Avast or Rising. It's been mentioned in some threads but nothing definite.

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I'm running Avast Free alongside PCAV Free fine on one computer. Though Avast's realtime shield scanned 120 files at startup, exluding all PCAV's folders brought that back to 30, so excluding may help a lot with performance.

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

If there is some alert for malware which program gives the alert- avast or panda? or both? Which product would be in charge of quarantine / cleaning? Is it whichever product loads first on boot?

8. DaMissile

DaMissile Registered Member

Nice review, avinash.

I really love Panda Cloud. I can't believe it's taken people this long to make an AV like this one. One that stays out of my way and doesn't slow down my PC. No nag screens, no downloading updates. I hope Panda Cloud is around for a really long time and continues to get better at detection and removal while the user base grows.

One thing I can think of that I'd like to see worked on is some sort of confirmation screen when scanning a file such as a zip/rar file. Otherwise, bravo.

9. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Avast try icon loads before Panda, so the program itself probably loads first too. When downloading Eicar test file Avast web shield always blocks it(PCAV has HTTP scanning too.) When downloading through HTTPS Panda's realtime file system protection usually deletes it, but sometimes it's Avast's file system shield. I also had them alerting both and at the same time once, it got removed then too.

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good work Avinash:thumb:

11. AvinashR

Thank you for the same...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.