Reveal your IP!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Zhen-Xjell, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

Zhen

was it the laughter checkout cause or the age process causing you to be forgetful?

an now on with the topic....ok...does anyone know of a website that does not log you ip?? an if you are using a program such as JAP "an" ip is still logged....will it be the correct ip...is it your ip.....now it seems like forever that people have been struggling to hide their ip address....http requires some address....an I would guess that if users began "disappearing" that might bring them more attention than displaying their ip would.......LOL...

snowman

2. Zhen-Xjell

Zhen-Xjell Security Expert

LOL.. must be the age thing. Sometimes I forget it! ;)

As for logging the IP of surfers, every site does it in some manner or another, even if its just Apache or IIS having regular access logs. Not necessarily web portal/forums related.

3. snowy

snowy Guest

Zhen

my reason for having mentioned the above was because many people seem to get upset when someone mentions revealing their ip.........an its done at just about every website a person goes to. only not many websites actually say it.
    perhaps its that feeling of violation that upsets people..it does me.....but reality is what reality is....
    an imo using multi proxies can be very dangerous...so a user needs to use caution when making that call.....so is there an answer...sure there are always answers...but not always are the answer practical.......

snowy

4. Zhen-Xjell

I'm upfront with people at my website, in the aup it states the IP is logged. But the privacy clause also states I'm not sharing information with any third parties (unless of course the courts subpoena records). The website is there to help people out, with nothing malicious intended.

5. snowman

snowman Guest

Zhen

gee, I hope you didn't mistake my meaning...which was that a person's ip is revealed anyway unless hidden by multi proxies......so there really is nothing for anyone to be concerned about.......surprising many people still don't realize their ip is shown just when surfing the net..
    by no means was I referring to your site or scan tool....personally I would much prefer you doing the scan than some unknown stranger.....hope I am being clearer..

snowman

6. Zhen-Xjell

I think that's clearer, thanks. I have more plans for the site, but they'll come in small steps.

7. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

I planned at one time to get a proxy. I researched this extensively. (Past job, doing research for knowledge bases.) When I realized that you can be seen anyway I decided, "Why hide?" So, I stand out in the crowd? Haven't regreted it yet. ;)

8. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

It's the "yet" part that's worrying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.