Returnil Virtual Sytem 2008 beta may have struck gold.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by trjam, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

First, thank you, Blue,Peter and Coldmoon.

In the last few days I have tried all the shadow products out there and none seem to fit the bill for what I needed with my kids saving their EA Games. Well ShadowDefender came close but support is iffy. I loved Returnil but could not master it to do what I needed. So with a lot of help from Google, and the new beta version of Returnil, I have maybe found bliss. Thats right Bunkhouse, bliss.

First thing I knew I needed to do what to create a partion for the installation of their games. With Googles help created a F drive and installed there. The other problem to overcome is it still created a folder in C:Users/Documents for the saved games. With the new version of Returnil when coming out File Manager will alow you to choose a file or folder to keep without getting blown away. It worked flawlessly.

So with this and Sandboxie, I am pretty secure and happy, no AV or AS. Will do periodic scans with Esets online scanner but the bet is it wont find anything. No, I am not ErikAlbert sucure, but totally happy with my setup, and my system is the fastest yet. So sometimes some good advice, along with Google and creativity works. Hats off to Returnil, your beta is great.:thumb: :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I still see MYSELF as the biggest problem to keep my computer clean, no matter which ISR-software or security software I use, FDISR, Returnil, etc.
    As far as I understand, Sandboxie and FDISR/Returnil/... accept any good or bad object and it's upto the user to decide what to keep or not and that is a 'dangerous' decision, if the user is a total newbie.
    The crucial question is how do you know for sure, if it is a good or bad object ? Are scanners, VirusTotal the answer ?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually just reboot and the bad is gone. I keep the chances of anything bad getting to a file very guarded. I am a newbie with this but had no issues learning and setting up the new Returnil. We just have to keep trying Erik.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.