Returnil Virtual Partition Changing Size?? (help please)

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Kasil, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasil

Kasil Registered Member

Ok, I installed this program today its pretty useful and does a great job except when it comes to this virtual partition.

My problem is, I want to change the size of my virtual partition (Z:) but under the virtual options it only has mount and dismount. So I uninstalled it (restarted as well) which recovered all the disk space it was using back into my original C: drive. But when I tried to reinstall it, it didn't give me a choice on changing the size of my virtual partition. In fact it just put the same on I had installed on their previously It even changed the custom name i had given it, back to what I had it before.

Is there anyway I can fix this? How does it remember what size I had chosen and the name after I uninstall it? Where is the file? If I delete this file will it give me the chance to choose again?

Any help anyone can offer me regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi Kasil and welcome.

When you uninstall Returnil, there is a box you need to check to delete the VP. You will also need to dismount the VP and exit Returnil by right-clicking the system tray icon and selecting exit before you begin the uninstall process. More detailed instructions can be found by clicking help in the Returnil GUI and then click "Uninstalling Returnil".

If that doesn't help, then you may have to delete it manually after uninstalling and it should be a file in the hidden folder C:\Returnil.

Also, make sure that you grab the data you need before you delete the VP.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

As far as i know you CANNOT re-adjust Returnil's Virtual Partition on-the-fly as seems you are requesting. It *MUST be a set size on install or reinstall as innerpeace has pointed out for you. It's by design.

EASTER

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Kasil,
    You can reset the size of the Virtual Partition using the Repair option in the uninstaller. To access:

1) XP - Start > Program files > Returnil > Uninstall
    Vista - Start > Program files > Returnil > right click the Uninstall link and select "Run As Administrator"
    2) Once the Uninstaller is open, select the "Repair" option
    3) Follow the wizard...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.