Returnil System Safe 2011 - RVSMON.EXE

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by gman68, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gman68

gman68 Registered Member

RVSMON.EXE is regularly spiking to % 100 cpu's and using steady 37 mb ram then spiking to 120 mb's as i surf even with virtual mode and real-time protection diabled. If I set service "Returnil System Safe Core Service" to manual and use returnil as on-demand will it function as expected i.e "drop changes on restart" "wipe changes" etc. XP3 latest version online armor firewall only and Prevx without safeonline. I had Returnil Virtual System Lite 2011 BETA for eval. but unstalled before reinstalling Returnil System Safe 2011. thank you.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi gman68 and welcome to the forums :)

You say regularly; Does this mean all the time or intermittently? If the latter, is there any commonality between this happening and any activity you are engaged in at the same time? If the former, have you white listed RSS in OA?

Mike

3. 4tunet

4tunet Registered Member

I also have the same CPU usage by RVSmon, it’s eating up 100% of my resources. I’m sitting here watching it do it every few minutes and I’m not even using virtual mode at the moment. I have the ver 3.2.10351.5418-REL3 on Win 7 (64).

This happened before on some other version. There was a temporary fix and then the following updated version took care of it.

I hope you guys have that temporary fix again soon. This thing is sucking me try, I only have a single core cpu.

4. gman68

gman68 Registered Member

Thanks coldmoon, yes I've tried adding C:\Program Files\Returnil to OA exclusion list. I now see this behavior at idle. This is with Prevx "stop monitoring" and OA "close and shutdown".

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi 4tunet and welcome to the forums :)

Both of you please send us the following reports from your problem computer to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com and reference this thread in the body of your message:

The rvs3.log and rvs3.inst.log files in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\returnil\rvs3\log

All versions:

* MSINFO32 report**

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.