Returnil System Safe 2011 core system not available

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by magnoli, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnoli

magnoli Registered Member

Intel Core2Quad desktop PC
    Windows7 64bit OS

I use Returnil from many years and I installed it succesfully every times but a week ago I formatted the PC and installed Returnil System Safe 2011 as one of the first program, after the essentials, and post installation instead of opening the program a window inform me that 'Returnil System Safe 2011 core system is not available'.

I proved to uninstall and re-install it after a couple of day, I proved to sostitute every Returnil folder on the PC with a working copy from the precedent OS installation but without solve nothing.

I compared the log file with an old one finding this differences:
    'MoveFiles: File: rvsmon.upd, Directory: C:\ProgramData\Returnil\RVS3\Data\, Size: 61863424'
    and
    'InstallFiles: File: CJSC Returnil Software Website.url, Directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Returnil\, Size: 66' present on the old working one and not on the new;
    'RollbackCleanup: File: C:\Config.Msi\78345.rbf
    RollbackCleanup: File: C:\Config.Msi\78346.rbf
    RollbackCleanup: File: C:\Config.Msi\78347.rbf' only on the new log.

Some solution for this problem?

Thank you.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi magnoli and welcome to the forums :)

We will need to take a deeper look at what might be causing the service issue. To that end, please send the report and following logs to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com

NOTE: do not post or upload the files here at the forums, send them to us via the e-mail address above.

RSS/RVS 2011:

The rvs3.log and rvs3.inst.log files in the following folder:

* Win Vista/Win 7: "C:\ProgramData\Returnil\RVS3\log"
    * Win XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\returnil\rvs3\Log"

MSINFO32 report: Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your e-mail.

Thanks
    Mike

3. magnoli

All the document are ready, in the Returnil folder there is another log file with a date, I have to send that too?

In the meantime I tried to format the PC again but the result is the same.

I apologize but I don't find the email address, where is it?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Marco.

4. Coldmoon

No

E-mail address: support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com

Change the words in parentheses to the characters the words describe (ex: "Dash" = "-")

Mike

5. magnoli

This morning I substituted an HD and turned on the computer, and a strange thing happened, the installation function was practically blocked, failed the driver mounting of the new HD, stopped in the middle the installation of a Marvell driver which usually lasts seconds, but Returnill opened regularly without any warning window. I tried to restart the PC and the process was stucked at the logon shutdown forcing me to manually switch off. I powered on and everything was back to normal, including the Returnill window telling me that 'Returnil System Safe 2011 core system not available'.

An interference with some drivers that at the first turn was locked?

Compared with previous working installation I have not added new programs but I may have upgraded someone.

Marco

6. Coldmoon

To clarify, are you saying that you changed or "swaped out" alternate drives on the computer before you received the original core service error message?

7. magnoli

Not, the HD changed is secondary (E: ), is only for files and folders.

To sum up:

I formatted the computer with the native conformation of hard discs (C:, D:, E: ), before formatting Returnill worked perfectly, after, I installed the program but it did not work, I tried to do a second formatting but did not work again, today I got e new HD and I moved the cables from the drive E: to it without mount it in the case, so I have not moved or removed other hardware. On the restart Returnill worked but only once. I had to test the drive so I had to restart and the program returned not running.

8. Coldmoon

Ok - thanks for the clarification. The development team is reviewing the logs as quickly as possible and I will update this thread as soon as I get their feedback.

Mike

9. Coldmoon

Hi Marco,
    The issue in this cse is a corrupted internal program database that needs to be cleared and reset to resolve. Please see your support e-mail and follow the instructions and let us know the result.

Mike

10. magnoli

That's all right, thank you very much.

Marco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.