Returnil Instructions

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by alexander_925, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexander_925

alexander_925 Registered Member

I wish Returnil instructions had told me as a home subscriber to remove any existing versions of Returnil before upgrading. That would have saved me an hour of frustration. Also Returnil sends popups to the user but they appear and disappear too fast to even be read.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi alexander_925 and welcome to the forums :)

You are able to upgrade in place with all three versions of the software, but you have to upgrade in the same path:

RVS 2010 Home Lux/free -> RSS Pro/free 2011
    RVS 2010 Home Classic -> RVS Pro 2011
    RVS Lite 2011 -> RVS Lite 2011*

To upgrade from RVS 2007/2008 to RVS Lite 2011, you need to uninstall the older version but upgrading to a new RVS Lite 2011 build from a previous RVS Lite build can be done in place.

Regarding the popup warnings, this may indicate some type of interference with the upgrade. Are you using another security program that has a form of sandboxing or HIPS? If yes, you may need to turn those features off prior to attempting the upgrade OR (in some rare cases) uninstall the other programs, install the RSS upgrade and then reinstall the other programs.

Also, can you check your rvs3 log file for any errors? The log file is in C:\Program Data\Returnil\RVS3\Log folder.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.