Returnil and Virtual Drive

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by dja2k, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Exactly. Just remember to copy off the profile before rebooting. The commit function will be a fantastic answer.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Don't you have to copy the app you installed on the VP to your C drive if you want it to work as a normal app on start up? The way I read it, you go to My Computer and open your VP, then send it to the C drive. No?

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

So far I have the firefox profile on F: which allows (1) add ons (2) no scripts
    (3) CS Lite all to change. I think it would be better to put it back on C: so yes the commit function will be fantastic as I know that I will forget and reboot when I should have copied the profile first.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am not exactly sure what you mean, but the AV ran from the VP after I clicked it to run not during startup. When I said "install" in VP, I meant running the installation file of the AV and for it to install it on the VP instead of C.

dja2k

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Oh OK, I was referring to wanting to run from startup.:)

6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

@ Pete, Thanks for explaining. I understand now. I was thinking it was complicated.

@ Tony and Tradetime, I like your solutions too. Very interesting! I especially like the idea of using Karen's Replicator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.