Retained Dynamic Hard disk ?? backed up??

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by stevwolf, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevwolf

stevwolf Registered Member

Im trying to do a backup.
    Im going from memory, because there is not way to take a picture of the screen.

I boot from the CD.
    It shows 3 drives.
    Two I can click and I think backup. They are basic disks.

The 3erd just says Retained dynamic hard disk, and the boxes are grayed out. No check box available to check to backup. I want to do a complete backup of the computer. Os is Windows 2003. When I do the math the amount of space it says is the backup appears to be close to the amount of the 3 disks. But its confusing me are they backed up.
    Im going to do a test on Monday and backup the system then see if the files exist, but I would like to know if anyone has any quick answers.

Thanks.

2. stevwolf

stevwolf Registered Member

Update:

So I did a backup. Then I used the software to examine the backup that I had created and it did not backup the Retained dynamic hard disk.

I provide this information for others who may not be sure, but are trusting that the system is backed up completely. Mine did not.
    I suppose I have to convert it to a basic disk first then back it up.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.