Restoring image from server 2003 to another computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dasurge1981, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dasurge1981

dasurge1981 Guest

Hi, im trying to test my backup procedure in case of a crash on my server. i already created an image of my server. the machine im trying to restore the image to has different hardware. i restore the image fine from my network, then i reboot and it gets stuck in a loop within POST. let me know of any suggestions. thanks!

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

If it gets stuck during POST, then that has absolutely nothing to do with the OS or any software that is installed on it. (Since POST occurs before any OS is attempted to be loaded)

If, however, you mean that it's getting stuck during startup, you probably need to do a repair install of the OS. This should force a hardware redetection.

For other options, see http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/other/motherboard/win2k.htm

3. dasurge1981

dasurge1981 Guest

sorry i meant right after POST. it seems like its going to go (hard drive starts spinning) and then the screen goes blank as if someone just hit the reset button.

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I figured as much, but I just wanted to be sure.

Check the URL I posted above for possible solutions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.