Restoring Files and Folder after New OS Installation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eespinosa, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eespinosa

eespinosa Registered Member

Hello all. I am currently using True Image 9.0 on an XP machine. I ran a full backup today. My laptop's hard drive has two partitions on it. Due to some hardware issues, I am thinking of reinstalling windows on the C: partition and then using my backup to re-install the files and folders on the new c: drive. Is there a particular way to do this. I'm trying to minimize any issues with my current programs. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eespinosa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if created the image archive of you disk/partition and would like to restore only certain file/folders from this image archive you could do one of the following:

- Install Acronis True Image on the new installed system and use Mount Image tool of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to mount the image archive as a virtual drive. After the image is mounted you will be able to use Windows Explorer or any other file managers to view the image contents and copy the needed files folders. You can find the detailed instructions on how perform this actions in chapter 11. "Mounting an image as a virtual drive" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Please be aware that only partition images can be mounted.

- Another way is to use Restore Data Wizard to restore files and folders from file archives. Please check chapter 6.2 "Restoring files and folders from file archives" for details.

Please note that when you try to explore folders on the mounted logical drive, you can get "Access Denied" message. Have a look at this article describing the reason and solution for this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.