restoring backups to a bigger partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sounak, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sounak

sounak Registered Member

is it possible to install the backup to a partition that is larger than the one
    on which the backup was taken ?

also is it possible to install the backup of drive E to say drive F ?

2. Charles Plumb

Charles Plumb Registered Member

I did a back up of SATA Maxtor (95Gig) running windows 2000 on my Soyo Drangon Plus.

I wrote to the hard disk of my Sony Viao RZ32G on my home network, then copied the image to a DVD R+ on my my Sony Viao. I went back to the Dragon, and turned off the SATA Drive and restored the Image to a Seagate Drive 0 whose partion was 100 gigs.

I then removed the TI 7 Build 613 boot disk and rebooted. Up came Windows 2000 runing perfectly on the Sea Gate off Drive 0 of the ATA bus.

Hope this helps - and I have tried the same thing with Drive Image and Ghost and both failed to adapt to drives different than the original.

TI is not perfect but its better than the others. I think what frustrates a lot of people is that it has the potential to be "PERFECT" and there's always some little bug in the way.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Charles Plumb

You are so right but it is not always a bug in Ti, can be anything if being done in Windows. [with so many process's running] and from the BootDisk could be a simple BIOS setting, but with so many Motherboards and BIOS's difference Hardware it is very hard to be bug free working on all Systems.

But very hard to get across.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.