RestoreIT v7

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I installed RestoreIT Personal v7 and later I installed PerfectDisk 8, However when PerfectDisk informs me that an offline defragmentation pass is recommended, when I chose to do this, the computer reboots,and then gives me a message on screen about the offline defrag status,and says it cant find xxxx and cannot complete the defragmentation pass due to inconsistancies,and to run chkdsk /r / f When I enter this in the runbox, it tells me its an invalid command. Does RestoreIT block defragmentation of your hard drive by PerfectDisk?. Anyone have any Ideas as to whats wrong, or what I need to do? o_O

2. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

I have a problem like this. I use RestoreIT Pro with PD8. Before defrag my increments use %1 of ReIt partition but after they use %60:eek: :eek: .
    Also I can't find a way to delete old increments.
    And sometimes after Smartplacement defrag, Perfectdisk recommends another smartplacement pass and after the same.:( .

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi DVD+R,

For chkdsk try running it from the repir console. Insert windows XP disk, boot from it, choose "R" for repair, when you get to the command prompt type the command in press enter & wait, perhaps 1 hour to complete. By running chkdsk this way you bypass your installed OS.

Good Luck
    Rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.