Restore image to SATA disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Badger89, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badger89

Badger89 Guest

If I have a TrueImage backup (say, on a DVD) and my SATA disk dies and I replace it with a new one, how do I restore the image? Windows will not be installed at that point so presumably I need to boot from a boot CD produced with TrueImage. But does it have drivers for SATA disks (nVidia chipset on Asus motherboard)?

Thanks
    Norm

2. dsrs

dsrs Registered Member

no you are sool

this happened to me

to make things worse, i also have a sata dvd drive

what i found was the acronis recovery cd could load the acronis recovery console

but in the list of drives which acronis presented as scanned, that is where you can look for your image .tib files, the sata dvd could not be seen at all

if you have another ide hard drive, you can store the .tib there, or on a usb external hard drive

but then acronis will, in my case, still not be able to find the empty [or damaged] sata hard drive you want to resore the image TO

i hear in version nine they might fix this??

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Badger89,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As far as I know, the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 contains the drivers for the nVidia chipset on Asus motherboard.

However, the best way to figure out how the software works on your particular hardware\software configuration is to try it.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0, create Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see how the software recognizes your hardware (int.\ext. hard drives, CD\DVD-ROMs, etc.).

If you will be satisfied with the work of the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Please let me know if you will face any problems while using the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.