Restore image question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by glenn9, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn9

glenn9 Registered Member

I have a full image of about 35 gigs and the I did another incremental image that is about 5 gigs . I needed to restore the drive. I first restored from the first image and it took about one and a half hours...restore was fine..
    I then ran the program and restored from the incremental image- it took about the same amount of time to restore...
    My question is -- should I have just picked the last incremental file to use as the restore and will it automatically use the other files and give a complete restore? Or did I have to install each file in order the way I did it? It seemed to me that it took just as long to install the 5gig file as it did to restore the 35gig file...
    Thanks,
    Glenn M

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

When you have a Full image along with some sequential Incrementals you are presented with a dialog during the course of the Restore Wizard which essentially asks you "what point in time would you like to restore back to"? You just point and click and TI does all of the rest for you. AND, it does it very well. You NEVER have to do 2 individual restores from the same "backup set". *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.