restore freezes vista 32

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stella artois, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stella artois

stella artois Registered Member

Hi
    Acronis home 10 builds 4942
    From various backups restore freezes and the drive light goes out
    So I have to reboot with the boot disk and restore to unallocated space
    1 in 10 restore’s are successful but most fail. The boot disk restore is always
    Successful but take much longer. I have run chkdsk /r on all my drives
    And re-created the boot sector from the vista install disk. I have even
    Wiped my entire drive re created the partitions and installed a clean
    Virgin vista 32 installed TI created a backup and restored it and it still
    Freezes at various places. I have even changed my hard drive cables.
    Can you help.
    P.S. I think this may have started when I run Roxco perfectdisk on all my drives.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

FWIW:

I've never had a prob running Raxco Perfect disk with ATI 8, 9, 10, or 11 installed, not even if doing a backup of adisk and a defrag at the same time -- although I never do thiis intentionally because it slows down both. But sometimes I might manually run a defrag, forgetting that a secheuled backup task is about to start. ;-)

However, a bad install of either could cause probs. I'd suspect ATI before Pdisk -- I've never had a bad install with Pdisk, goin g back several versions right up through the current one.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

We recommend you to install Acronis Drivers to overcome this issue.

If the issue still persists, please create the driver log by installing the update again with enabled logging and reproducing the issue. The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support with the attached logs and the link to this thread. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.