Restore Disc for Macbook XP/OSX Dual boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mahkeymike, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahkeymike

mahkeymike Registered Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if ATI 11 supports making a "one click" restore disc for dual booting XP/OSX on a single drive.I believe XP was C: and OSX was F: and there was a few other partitions Boot Camp created.It took me ages to set this up, and im looking for a simple 1-3 click restore disc incase something goes wrong.Any help would be appreciated.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

AFAIK, TI does not support MAC hardware even if it is running XP.

3. mahkeymike

I dont see why not, Its the new Intel Mackbook pro's.All the hardware drivers for windows based OS's are included in the osx install discs.

Edit: Now that i think about it, Even if its possible, its gonna take probably 2 dual layer dvd's for both OS's, and im not even sure ATI 11 supports dual layer burning.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  4. seekforever

You may have the drivers but does TI have the hooks? Also, when TI restores the active partition it uses a memory-resident Linux version, not Windows, and its weakness is inadequate driver support even for some, usually newer, Windows PCs.

I remember somebody saying they did burn a dual-layer DVD but most of us consider an external USB drive the preferred option for speed and to eliminate DVD swapping on a restore. TI does not read one DVD totally then the next and so on. Some joke that you will wear out the DVD tray before you get a large archive restored.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'd have thought the rescue CD might work, after all OSx is Linux based.

I would also think, that if TI is installed and loaded under the XP partition or VM then it might be able to do the MAC side using the sector by sector option, as that is what TI Home does for Linux partitions.

The Echo Server versions are different as they come with a Linux agent (just for info purposes that comment).

Colin

6. seekforever

7. mahkeymike

That thread doesnt really have any "tricks" to get this working, and damn that was back in april! Glad i looked into this before buying TI. No offence to acronis, but you guys should be jumping all over this.

8. seekforever

I was referring to bodgy's ideas.

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There is of course one way to really find out, download the trial version make a rescue CD on a rewritable CD and report back! :)

Though for people on restricted download bandwidth, downloading 132MB or so on the off chance it might work, is probably not much fun.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.