Resize System Partition with PM 9.5 Pro

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by reedm, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Is it possible to use the methodology in the Paragon Knowledge Base System, ID 1395: How to add a free space to drive C: to resize the C: drive using PM 9.5 Pro? I have had no luck in several attempts. It seems that the required capability is not available in PM 9.5. Is it available in PM 10 Personal or Pro?

Reed

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi REED ,

I assume you have Free space inside an Extended partition , adjacent to a Primary as below?

If not, Rt click the Logical Drive on the Disk Map at the bottom , select Move/Resize, drag it to the right your chosen amount. Click Yes . Leave it in the queue.

Now it should like below:

PAR-ADD-FREESPACE-2009-10-27_020244.jpg

Rt click the extended partition in the Centre of the window and select Move/Resize.

PAR-ADD-FREE-2-2009-10-27_020341.jpg

Drag it to the right to leave the free space outside the Extended partition:

PAR-ADD-FREE-3-2009-10-27_020448.jpg

Click Yes and leave it in the queue: It is now Unallocated space outside the Extended partition :

PAR-ADDFREE-5-2009-10-27_020539.jpg

Rt click the adjacent Primary, select Move Resize, drag it to the right to include the Unallocated space. Click Yes. Click Apply.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Thanks SIW2,

I had to create some free space at the far end of the extended partition, then move it through all the other partitions to the end near the system partition. From that point, all was well.

The point I was missing, is that PM basically does everything using right click menues. There is very little on the left pane. Once I discovered the right click capability, it was clear sailing.

Again, thanks for your guiodance.

Reed

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You're welcome .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.