Rescue with ICH9R and BartPe questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mecha, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mecha

Mecha Registered Member

HI! I am evaluating the possibility to buy and use an acronis true image product with the universal restore. I am reading lots of complain about the raid problem on the rescue cd bootup even with latest build. The future motherboard will be a DFi DK P35 with the ICH9R, if someone can provide a feedback about the rescue cd that works with a specific build will help me :) In the meantime I am looking into the BartPe solution (as suggested even from the Acronis support ): I know that during installation of some True Image version a BartPe plugin will be installed and that is used to make the bartpe cd, but what about the universal restore? When I install this plug-in how can I integrate it into the bartpe?

Thanks for your help!

2. bledd

bledd Registered Member

3. mustang

mustang Developer

See the True Image plugins available at the website in my signature. The Universal Restore feature is included.

4. Mecha

Mecha Registered Member

Thanks, I used your guide to make a bartpe with just the bartpe plug in installed with the echo. I tried it but not restored anything yet, I'd like to know if there is a way to check if the universal restore is correctly installed into the bartpe, is it possible? Thanks again!

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Even if you are not going to do a test restore, you should at least go through all of the steps of a test restore except for the last "proceed" step that begins the actual writing of bits to the disk to be restored.

This only takes a copule of minutes and 99% confirms that the bootCD with ATI on it will be able to see your drives for selecting source (backup image) and for selecting target (disk to be restored). On some hardware, the first can suceed and the latter fail.

good luck,

6. mustang

mustang Developer

When you start True Image in BartPE you should see the words with Acronis Universal Restore in the title. If UR is not working, you will not see these words. Do as shieber suggests and do a trial restore. The screen that asks you is you want to use Universal Restore should show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.