Require Info about free Updates to HDM 12 please.

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Rain9, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rain9

Rain9 Registered Member

Back in December 2012 I bought Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite (I'm guessing Home Edition because on the "Help>About" page it only gives version number but not edition information).

I've just used it to successfully recover my C drive :)

If or when a free update for PHDM 12 becomes available and I choose to update, will all previously created images be unusable with the updated version, and will it be necessary to create a new Recovery Media boot disk?

I know this is the case with Macrium Reflect so I'm guessing it would be the same with Paragon.

Thanks in advance for any information.:)

2. Paragon_Chris

Paragon_Chris Paragon Moderator

Any free updates without having an upgrade assurance contract would only be minor version updates and not major version updates. These will all use the same engine so you would never have issues with images not being backwards compatible.

The HDM line doesn't have any changes scheduled that would cause compatibility issues with our images so you shouldn't run into any issues. We do have one product that is geared towards enterprise customers that will have a different archive format, but that won't affect the HDM line of products.

You would only need to recreate the recovery media if you had a bug that was fixed by a new minor release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.