Request for new parameters in command line scanner

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by de7en, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. de7en

de7en Registered Member

Would it be possible to add a couple of new parameters to the ewido command line scanner? It would be incredibly helpful to have a /trace=FILE parameter allowing users to specify the location of the trace log. I would also like to be able to specify the location of the signature files that the scanner uses. So a parameter like /db=[FILE|DIR] would be great.

I'm currently trying to configure the Ewido command line scanner within the SafeDownload extension. Unfortunately it does not appear to be working properly when called from the SD extension. I can use the /report=FILE to save a log of the scan, but the log file does not include the individual files that were scanned. To verify the files that were actually scanned I need to view the trace log, but using the /trace parameter from the SD ext does not result in a trace log being created.

It also appears that the signature files are not being loaded properly. The command prompt window opens succesfully, but it only remains visible for a second or two. And when using the /registry parameter in the scan a warning is displayed stating that the signature files cannot be found. Therefore a parameter to specify the location of the sig files would be helpful.

I should also point out that I am using the ewidoscan.exe file with the AVG AS engine and sig files. If you have any suggestions as to how to get the scanner working properly with the SD extension please post them as I seem to be out of ideas at the moment. I hope you are able to include the new parameters in a future version of the scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.