Replace full backup after so many differential not availble

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gerd, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerd

Gerd Registered Member

I just purchased TI11/8053. I loaded it on an XP system, created a full backup task (to be executed one) and a daily differential task that is replacing the full backup after 14 backups (i.e. every 2 weeks). Everything looks great on the XP system.

Now I wanted to do the same on a Vista Business notebook but don't have the option to override the full backup after so many differential backups. All I have here is

Create a new full backup archive
    Create an incremental backup
    Create a differential backup archive

no other options on that screen.

Is this something specific to Vista? Both PC's point to the same archive location on a network drive.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gerd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis Backup Location settings are stored in both the aronis_backup_place.cfg file and system registry. So, Windows Vista doesn't know about a backup location created in Windows XP. You need to create Acronis Backup Location in every operating system you want to use backup policies.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Gerd

Gerd Registered Member

I should have been more specific.

I had created a separate backup location for XP and Vista but on the same network drive/directory.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gerd,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please recreate Acronis Backup Location under your Vista system using full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share).

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the acronis_backup_place.cfg file from Acronis Backup Location folder.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.