Renewal Information

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by verbanik, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verbanik

verbanik Registered Member

I just found out I need to renew my sub, it expired in 8/08, I was never warned to renew, O well.

The problem is the website will not accept my login and email address it says they do not match. The find login name email comes to my email address with the longin name, strang huh.

Now I have sent to emails to customer service over the last week with no reply, Do they have all the customers they need or what?

2. denis

denis Registered Member

8/08, isn't that a little late? Not sure if the are going to renew at this point.:doubt: [

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Pretty sure the eye goes orange when you are near expiration, I think that's warning enough.

4. verbanik

What if you go past the date they don't let you renew? What eye are you talking about? The software is also still protecting my machine. It just won't login and download new sigs.

If they can't respond to an email or let me renew I will just move onb to the next company and buy their software, no skin off my ass

5. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

There should be the ESET NOD32 "eye" icon in your taskbar close to your clock in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. My first year subscription is due to expire in a few days. About two weeks ago that eye icon changed color from green to orange and every time I rebooted my machine a pop-up message appeared reminding me about the upcoming license expiration. (I've now renewed through this reseller. They were easy and great to work with. Maybe they can answer your other question about whether it's too late to renew your subscription. http://amazingantivirus.com/)

That's the danger, however. New signatures aren't being loaded onto your system so you're vulnerable to more recent threats.

6. verbanik

I am using ver 2.7 and Idon't see no stinking eye. And it never warned me to upgrade.

Still no reply from customer service either.

Thanks all, I guess I will go with Kapersky now

7. Doodler

Sorry about that. I'm using version 3 and I didn't think about an earlier version. I wasn't a NOD32 user when 2.7 came out; from what I've read it's was very popular.

Not trying to tell you what to do and I don't know if you've been generally satisfied with ESET or not. But if you have been satisfied up till now, then you may want to consider touching base with that reseller just to find out if they can help about the license renewal. There was no price difference buying from them versus directly from ESET and my experience with that reseller was very positive.

8. verbanik

I got the 3 user version fro a local store. Looking on the web site the renewal was about 25 bucks cheaper.

9. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Dude you posted in the v3 forum, how are we supposed to know you're using 2.7? There's a separate forum for that. You really should consider upgrading.

10. verbanik

Probably will just get a new license and download the new version, haven't had any problems for the last year. Ran great compared to slow Norton crap.

Sorry about the wrong thread, I did get on the other forum looking at the issues with that version and didn't think about being in the wrong place when I posted. I also noticed I had the setup in silent mode so it didn't let me know it expired, they could respond to email as well though.

11. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is best to call the customer service or sales reps for questions about renewals. ESET's toll free telephone number is +1 (866) 343-3738.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

12. Doodler

Can you clarify? Per this thread, I had a very positive experience through this reseller. Plus, his comments seem to contradict yours. Not being argumentative...just a little confused by what appears to be some conflicting information. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=226207

13. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You are welcome to contact any authorized reseller, distributor or office of ESET for answers to questions about renewals (how they are offered, implementations, questions about license mergers, renewals for increased/decreased number of machines, prorating/synchronizing renewal dates and so forth). As far as purchasing a renewal goes, I would suggest purchasing from a reseller so that you can get support from them as well as from ESET. Many of ESET's resellers have value-added services they can provide to your business.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.