Removed SWB, SWG and . . . . .

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JForge, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JForge

JForge Registered Member

switched to Ad-watch. Here's the reasons.

I thought that the SWB problem was fixed!! But after 'exercising' the combo (SWB and SWG), I developed the same problem as I reported in my first post (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=33823). In addition, SWG wouldn't update and hang up. SWB, of course, gave the "file corrupted. . " error msg. Just like before.

Since this is not a science project, my only object is to prevent it from happening, so I tried the companion program to Ad-aware, called Ad-watch. I read an article in PC World (June 2004 issure, pg 80) on spyware and ways to fortify your computer. Ad-watch worked very well in their tests.

To I decided to try this and see. So I removed the offending 'stuff' by doing what I reported in the previous thread. The machine was now clean. Now SWB and SWG were uninstalled and removed. Adwatch was now installed and is the only system's protector!

I've made three (3) tests of about 2 hrs each taking the system to some pretty bad places!!! Bottom line: not even ONE malware, tracking cookie, brower hijacks or registry changes!!!

The bad news, it's not free. But $27 is certainly not excessive considering what it does. I bought the ADW6 Plus package which includes Ad-watch.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Just a quick question for you: did you go about disabling SpywareBlaster's protection before uninstalling it?

If not, your system has the nice benefit of still having the protection in place, which could certainly affect those tests. :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. JForge

JForge Registered Member

I did remove SWB protection before it was de-installed as well as SWG.

I didn't make the post to 'gloat' but to help others in the same or similiar situation. It least it gives another alternate way to solve the problem.

Since I posted this thread, I've had a chance to 'test' it some more and not one hijack, trojan horse or registry change. To say I'm pleased is an understatement. And while $27 isn't exactly free, it won't break anybody's bank.

I'm sure SWB will be at or beyond that standard is a short while. Keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.