Remove Orphaned License?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bromberger, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bromberger

Bromberger Registered Member

Greetings,

My company is currently using Acronis TrueImage Workstation 9.7 on several computers. We are also using the license server, and we have purchased exactly as many licenses as we need.

However, now one computer needs to be replaced, and I am trying to reinstall TrueImage Workstation on the replacement computer. However, the old computer that has already been disposed of is still listed in the license manager, occupying the license number. If I try to deploy the TrueImage Agent to the new computer I get a message that there are no available license numbers, obviously.

Do you have an idea on what I can do? Is there a way to free up this license and remove the old computer? I uninstalled TrueImage Agent before disposing of the computer, however, that didn't seem to have any effect. The computer keeps being listed as active, even showing a refresh date for the license!

Any help is appreciated! ;)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bromberger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Products!

Acronis License Server tracks the licenses using a MAC address, which is unique for each network interface card (NIC). You can try to manually set the MAC address of the new PC equal to the MAC attached to the license.

There are no tools to unattach licenses. To reattach again all the licenses you can reinstall Acronis License Server following the instructions:

1. Uninstall Acronis License Server;
    2. Remove the following file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\ag_licsrv.dll
    3. Remove the following folder C:\Program Files\Acronis\LicenseServer
    4. Install Acronis License Server;
    5. Add licenses again.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.