Remove browser pages

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cadmus, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

On tools window for spywareblaster a list of browser pages appears. How do I remove some of these items? There are several troublemakers I have otherwise eliminated and it makes me nervous seeing them on this list. (I am a fumbling beginner)

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey cadmus,

As you may know that is a list of your present Home, Search, Custom Search, Current User Local pages....etc that is used by IE.

What are the names of the ones you say you have eliminated that are showing or can you upload a screen shot of that particular Tool section ?

Bubba

3. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

Bubba-don't know how to post a scrollable list. one item name- file://c:/spad/start.html, also several www,myexexex.com/search (with various additions

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Those entries tell me you are possibly still infected with one of the CoolWebSearch Browser Highjackers.

This variant---> }:/spad/start.html | myexexex.com

I suggest you follow the Site recommended procedure and accomplish the steps in the below Sticky and an authorized helper will assist further.

This link---> Please read before posting your log!

Bubba

Edit: Sp

5. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

Bubba- thanks for quick response. No time to do as you directed tonight -it all looks overwhelming.
    I have run SpyBot, Ad-aware, CWShredder.
    System was freezing, home-page changed etc. but everything normal past few days. I will proceed as you directed when I have more time.

Thanks again!
    cadmus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.