Remote system backup question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mickscool, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickscool

mickscool Registered Member

Hi Friends,
    I have installed "Acronis True Image Enterpise Server9.1" and all its components on System A. I need to back up System B.I just need to know,that do I need to install any agents on System B to back it up or can i directly connect to it. Because when I try to connect to system B from System A it fails.
    Please help.
    Thanks

2. Brings

Brings Registered Member

Hi,
    you have to install the agent. if you cannot connet to the remote system, check the username and password.

3. mickscool

mickscool Registered Member

Thanks Brings,
    Atleast you replied. But which do i need to install that backup server on that remote machine??
    I have gone through the whole "Acrnosi True Image 9.1 enterprise server" guide and nowhere it explains this that what components you need to install on the remote computer that you are trying to back up.

Can somebody please provide me any links that explains this...I really need some help.
    Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mickscool,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that the local version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server allows you to perform local backup/restore operation on the server where it installed. If you would like to perform remote operations with Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you should install Acronis True Image Management Console on the main server and Acronis True Image Agent on the remote computer. Acronis True Image Agent can be installed locally using the installation file of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server or remotely via Acronis True Image Management Console. Acronis True Image Management Console also allows updating or removing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server components on remote computers. To perform any of these operations you will need administrator rights on the target machine. You can find more information on how to install Acronis True Image Enterprise Server components in Chapter 4.2 "Installing/updating Acronis components on a remote machine" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide.

Please also note that the remote access to networked computers is allowed according to the security policy set up in the local network. To have remote access to Acronis True Image Agent, the user must be a member of the Administrators or Backup operators group on this computer. To install Acronis components on a remote computer you must be a member of the Administrators group on this computer.

To perform remote operations such as backup/restore you should fist connect to the remote computer via Acronis True Image Management Console. This procedure is described in Chapter 4.3 "Managing a single remote computer" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.