Remote Agent is not allowed to backup to backup server.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by matkarls, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matkarls

matkarls Registered Member

I have a test environment with TI Echo workstation. 8076

Machine A:
    WinXP pro sp2
    TI Management Console
    TI Backup Server
    TI Agent
    I installed all components logged on as local admin. Otherwise the backupserver was not selectable when creating new jobs. My domain account is defined as an administrator (under user profiles). I have defined a backup location under D:\acronis\backups and set this as default. Connecting to this machine with management console and creating a job from there with my backupserver as destination works fine.

Machine B:
    WinXP pro sp2
    TI Agent
    When I connect to this machine with management console and create a job with my backupserver as destination I get an error message when the backup starts:
    Module: 1
    Errorcode: 1,015 (0x103F7)
    "Username or password for the remote resourc bsp://10.151.5.188/\backupserver\Backupserver||\| is incorrect. Please check user name and password again."

I have defined machine B under Administrator Profiles. My domain account is domain admin and i am using this account when I create the backup job from management console.
    I have tried to install the agent on machine B both with management console and locally with .exe file.
    I have tried to repair the backup server installation when logged on with my domain account.
    I have tried different client machines with the same result.

Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello matkarls,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that a new build (8115) of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation was recently released. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please don't forget to update all installed components, as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

Please also make sure that all settings are set as described in chapter 2.2 "Security parameters" of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Faldo

Faldo Registered Member

We're running ATI-Enterprise Server and I'm getting the exact same problems with build 8115. I've recently updated to build 8163 without solution to this problem. The error is very random also, sometimes it happends, sometimes not. Every few days, this problem pops up out of nowhere, i have to delete the scheduled backup on that server and create a new one for it to work a few more days.
    It seems that this error is some kind of general error no matter what the real problem is :(

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.