Remote Administrator on SBS2003 = disaster

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Beano, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beano

Beano Registered Member

Hello all

After some help please. I installed remote adminstrator and antivirus on 2 SBS2003 machines.

Install went fine and successfully rolled out AV to all clients on the network.

A reboot later and an issue has come to light...

Our Outlook Webmail no longer works, we get a 503 service not available error. I have checked the event logs and it seems to relate to

EventID 9542 - Initialization of external interface OLEDB failed; Error ecServerOOM.

This happened on both servers at the same time. All my other SBS2003 servers without NOD32 on are fine.

So, what has NOD done is my question. That error relates to the ODBC drivers on the server. Has NOD changed them in anyway.

Any help gratefully received as this is a big problem for us

2. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi Beano!

What variant of the antivirus solution did you install? Smart Security (the one with the firewall) or NOD32 Antivirus (the one without).

I looked into the MSI-files for ERAS/ERAC and none of them includes any ODBC drivers so I don't think that's the cause.

/Preben

3. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

did you set this settings, recommended by ESET?

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    The Small Business Server bundle from Eset doesn't change anything in SBS that would affect this...I have many many SBS clients, most of which run Esets SBS Bundle (which is XMON combined with the business product of RAS/RAC/Mirror)
    As long as you follow the standards for exclusions for SBS (regardless of antivirus brand) http://www.sbsfaq.com/Lists/FAQs/DispForm.aspx?ID=137

And made a custom port for the http LAN update mirror (the default 8081 doesn't work for SBS, I make mine 808:cool:

6. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

Sounds like he's installed EAV/ESS 3.0 on to his SBS install. I've done this myself, thinking version 3 would work just fine. When I installed EAV (not ESS) everything broke, and my SBS even blue screened at one point...

Not good!

ERA though works fine on my previous and latest install of SBS2003. It doesn't change any system settings as far as I know...

Make sure you're running XMON 2.71!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.