Remote Administration and problem witch missing computers i domain

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by grzegorz, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grzegorz

grzegorz Registered Member

Hello i`ve problem with 2 computer. Yesterday i was install remote administrator on server. It`s work ok, and i have 4 computers to remote install antyvirus. Today 2 of 4 computers are missing(before install). This computers are invisible for network exept domain controllers and nod32 remote administration server.
    Can someone can help me with this problem

Grzegorz

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

I would suggest changing the way that the computers are discovered for the remote installs. There may be conflict between NetBIOS and the information being pulled from Active Directory.

Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console and go to tools server options. Go to the advanced tab and select edit advanced. The ESET configuration window will open. Tool down to ESET Remote Administrator>>ERA Server>>Setup>>Remote Install>> Network scan methods, click edit and uncheck Active Directory scan. It will now populate only via NetBIOS and Custom search. You should see the same list of computers that are available via windows networking after the change without discrepancies. If the machines are not visiable through Windows networking then there is a bigger issue on the network. For more information on the ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation Requirements Please see this article.

3. grzegorz

This dosen`t work :( i still dosen`t see this "lost" computers

I got a suggestion to change NETBIOS over TCP/IP to enable but this dosen`t change anything too

Operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

4. ThomasC

If you browse the network from the server do you see the computers?

Additionally, have you run through the Push Install Checklist and Requirements to ensure that you have all the needed communication and services open and running that are required to complete a successful push installation?

5. grzegorz

Problem is solved. Missing comuters have problem with ip conflict :)
    Thanks

6. ThomasC

Glad to hear you were able to isolate the issue. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.