Remote admin without mirror?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MazdaNut, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MazdaNut

MazdaNut Registered Member

New install. Two networks connected via VPN. I want to have remote administration of the remote site, but I don't want them to update from the RAS mirror over the VPN. I want one PC to act as a mirror server there and download the updates for everyone.

If I connect the remote stations to the RAS, how do I specify where the updates come from?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

MT

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

3. MazdaNut

MazdaNut Registered Member

That raises another question I had, and may be part of my problem.

Is there a functional difference between the Business Edition and the regular version?

While I was trying to find someone to sell me NOD32, I installed the trial of the regular version on most of my workstations. After I received the license, I simply hit the link to upgrade to the full version. The Mirror tab does appear, and seems to work.

Back to the original question: so for the rest of the workgroup, I should be able to specify that PC's address on the Updates screen? Is it port 2221 or 2223? I can't seem to get it to work except for "Automatically".

Thanks

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Business edition enables the remote administration features, basically. As for specifying specific update targets, you should be able to hit edit and add in your own target. If that is disabled, that might be another feature that is only on the business edition. Ports are whatever you decide. Default is 2221 but you do need to specify this in the target line like was shown in the above example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.