Remember EXTREME PINBALL?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by HandsOff, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

it was the best pinball by far for the computer, but does not run on XP. The funny thing is how old it is. It was a Windows 95 era thing, but even though it was 10x better than any other i have played.

It was licensed through Electronic Arts, and had four tables:
    -Rock Fantasy
    -Medieval Nites
    -Monkey Madness
    -Urban Chaos
    Each completely different. Each outstanding in its own right.

I am actually considering an attemp to make it run by loading a second O/S, but i never really did know how to configure the old ones, and how likely is an XP era computer to be able to run a game like that. I still have the install CD. it says compatable with W95, but it probably really is a DOS game. Probably a lost cause...i miss pinball!

- HandsOff

2. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Well now...lets see if we can be done about this:

http://www.gamehippo.com/recommended/1956.shtml

The one above..made in 1997..I think by a beer company in Holland....may or may not work on XP....don't know for sure.....if not, there are couple of others at the site.....look around.
    Be careful.....games are known trojan carriers...scan whatever you download carefully. My declaimer LOL

3. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

An here is Space Cadet Pinball by M$

Microsoft Space Cadet 3D Pinball arcade game 32-bit for Windows 9x/NT4/2000/ME/XP/2003 [1.3 MB, free].
    MS Plus! 95, Windows ME, 2000 + XP include 3D Pinball.

http://www.mdgx.com (schroll down the page..its there)

4. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Opps, the last link takes you to the main page...ok, in the left hand colume just go down till you see Free Games..click..it will take you to the correct page....go down till you locate the oinball game....enjoy

5. HandsOff

So far, I have not been succesful at downloading the first suggestion, "Roll 'm Up"...but thanks for the suggestion!

- HandsOff

6. HandsOff

This is to whoever is interested in computer pinball simulations...

Good news! There are pinball games that run fine on XP that are, in this reporter's opinion, better than extreme pinball! Two games I can recommend are M$ Pinball Arcade's - Cue Ball Wizard, and Pro Pinball's Timeshock. I only have the trial for timeshock and it is really limited, however, one can see clearly that it is one fine game! Also good is Pro Pinball's Big Race USA. Pro Pinball has a pretty loyal following...I thought I read that the Timeshock's table used up to 1600x1200 resolution. Can they do that?

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.