Reliability and usage of imaging software (questions)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Pete123, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete123

Pete123 Registered Member

I have now tried Cloudfogger and I like it alot! :thumb:

I noticed that you can "lock" cloudlogger , encrypting the files also on drive X (your own computer). I will definitely use it for some time forward. Thank you for recommending this software.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Pete123

I know. I was gonna upload the keyfile too so I thought I might as well have them in the same container.

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

It is great and I am being using it for two months now.

I personally have two desktops and two laptops of my own. Therefore, I don't use Dropbox as backup for my current data files, but rather as syncing of my current data files across these four computer. If I make a change in the current data file in any of these four computers, it automatically gets synced across the other three computers.

Best regards,

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Dont forget that you can mount an image file ,and browse it .You can then copy/restore etc your documents ,images etc ,so you may not want to bother with number 2.I guess for security then 2. would be wise..... though personally id use something like tk8 backup for those sort of things.

5. Pete123

Yes, that's another option I haven't tried yet.

So if I just wanted to restore a couple of documents this way, would that go faster than restoring the whole image?

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Yes you can mount the image and browse through it rather like explorer and just restore the files back to wherever you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.