Release Notes for This Release of Windows Vista SP1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Release Notes for This Release of Windows Vista SP1
    Brief Description
    Release documentation containing known issues for Windows Vista SP1.

Overview
    These Release Notes provide important information you should know prior to deploying and using the Windows Vista SP1 operating system, including known issues. You should familiarize yourself with all of the known issues listed here prior to installing the software.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f5-f366-4ad2-ba10-6a7d209de7bd&DisplayLang=en

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    will you post when SP1 final is out?
    thanks for the infomation i may well read it.
    lodore

3. NICK ADSL UK

I will certainly do that lodore as soon as i can :)

4. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

No official release date has been published by Microsoft, but most people think it will be in the first weeks of march.
    So Nick has to keep us posted :).

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Source: Tech ARP

6. Eagle Creek

Interesting :).

7. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Nick,
    Do you have any more information about the multiple monitors issue? There is a caution regarding them and SP1 that is a bit vague.

From the release notes:
    Is there any more information regarding:

Thanks
    Mike

8. NICK ADSL UK

No mike i have no further information about the multiple monitors issue but will reply back if and when i do

regards

9. NICK ADSL UK

Announcing the RTM of Windows Vista SP1

Here's the timing for SP1 availability for current Windows Vista users:

In mid-March, we will release Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Update (in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese) and to the download center on microsoft.com. Customers who visit Windows Update can choose to install Service Pack 1. If Windows Update determines that the system has one of the drivers we know to be problematic, then Windows Update will not offer SP1. Since we know that some customers may want to update to SP1 anyhow, the download center will allow anyone who wants to install SP1 to do so.
    In mid-April, we will begin delivering Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista customers who have chosen to have updates downloaded automatically. That said, any system that Windows Update determines has a driver known to not update successfully will not get SP1 automatically. As updates for these drivers become available, they will be installed automatically by Windows Update, which will unblock these systems from getting Service Pack 1. The result is that more and more systems will automatically get SP1, but only when we are confident they will have a good experience.
    The remaining languages will RTM in April.

Continued at source
    http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w.../announcing-the-rtm-of-windows-vista-sp1.aspx

10. NICK ADSL UK

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

anyway to get sp1 yet?? i see everyone sayd the rtm's will have it but we that own vista will not get it till march??

12. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I was able to obtain a copy of SP1 RTM. I have successfully installed it on my desktop in which I had to do a clean reinstall since I could not uninstall the RC.

But I ran into trouble with it's installation on the laptop. It got all the way to the end and then said the update failed and reverted back to original. I am now in the process of reinstalling the laptop to a clean state and will attempt the update again.

I got some work ahead for me, lol.

EDIT: I finally got SP1 installed on the laptop. It seems in my case updating a clean install was the ticket. Of course it is the smartest way to go when installing service packs. I have made backup images of both systems so I won't have to go through that again.

Attached Files:

• SP1.JPG
      SP1.JPG
      File size:
      23.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  13. zfactor

wth?? i got this full rtm version and it basically wants to do a full new vista install.. but when i start it it will not let me upgrade since i dont have sp1 installed yet?? i thought this was sp1.. it says to cancel the install reinstall sp1 then run setup again?? doesnt make sense..

14. zfactor

okay arghhh what i got was the full vista install disc with sp1 built in.. i would have no choice but to do a fresh install ...i wanted to try it first without doing that.. i have my system exactly the way i want it.. drat

15. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Notable Changes in Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Release Candidate

This document describes many of the notable changes in Windows Vista SP1. For additional information about the changes in SP1, please see the forthcoming Knowledge Base (KB) article 936332, which is a compendium of all prior KB articles documenting updates to Windows Vista. Many of these updates are already publicly available and have been released via the Microsoft Download Center or Windows Update. All of these updates are included in Windows Vista SP1. The full list of these updates can be read in Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 includes all previously released updates for Windows Vista. Many of these updates are available to the public on the Microsoft Download Center and Windows Update, while others are only available to specific customers or partners. It is standard practice to include all of these updates in a Service Pack and as such they are included in Windows Vista SP1.

This document contains a list of these updates with links to their descriptive webpages on http://support.microsoft.com. There are other updates in Windows Vista SP1 which have not be released as updates and therefore are not presented in this list.

16. Eagle Creek

Anyone already got experience with slipstreaming the SP?

17. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

18. Eagle Creek

Wow.. Haven't read that before.
    I'm going to take a closer look, thank you :).

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if anyone can provide me a link to download it?
    (pm if needed to)
    hi midway40,
    do you noticed decent improvements?
    lodore

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  20. NICK ADSL UK

Hi lodore:)
    I have links for most things and it depends on what your asking for. If your after vista sp1 then you'll have to wait like everyone else and that includes me :D

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

can you please provide me a link to the lastest windows live messenger beta?
    thanks in advance
    lodore

22. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

is on usenet

23. NICK ADSL UK

Ah i see ;) Well the link for that is here. I hope that's what you require :D
    http://get.live.com/en-us/betas/messenger_betas

24. NICK ADSL UK

In my experience it pays to wait for the software that you use and not start downloading from untrusted sources as failure to do so normally invites other problem's of which i see only to often

25. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

slashdot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.