ReHIPS

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by MrBrian, May 24, 2014.

1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Go to the re-hips forum, sign up and request the new beta. They will PM it to you. Since that is what they want, posting the link here would not be appropriate.

Pete

2. guest

guest Guest

yep , best way to get it, they want serious feedback from people to which they give the beta.

3. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

what counts as serious feedback?

4. guest

guest Guest

Anything you may observe that deserve the attention of the devs (bugs, suggestions, critics, etc...) detailed enough to be taken in account.

If you find a bug/issue, detailed explanation and logs must be forwarded so they can try reproduce it and eventually fix it.
    If you have critics or suggestions, explain clearly why you think it should be improved or implemented with example/comparisons.

Those are the basics for every beta-testers.

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

ok thanks guys, will register.

6. guest

guest Guest

it needs some , depend what you want to achieve.

7. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

the security of course and well working all system.

8. guest

guest Guest

i use ReHIPS on Lockdown Mode with "Expert" level of protection; those two are tightest settings possible and so are the ones you need to configure the most because only whitelisted apps will run; but by default settings, ReHIPS is quite easy to use. Remember ReHIPS is still an HIPS despite you can disable it and use it only as a sandboxing app.
    You have several level of protection , for Average Joe, i would use the learning mode for few hours/days after being sure the system is clean.

9. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Thank You guest

10. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I apologize if this has been discussed already...what is the ram/cpu usage of rehips?

11. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Awesome! Thanks

12. To be honest Windows has not half of its protections enabled in Home version. Look at my signature, I am quite comfortable using windows build in only. So when software makes this easier and more granular to use like ReHips, I doubt it will be bypassed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  13. guest

guest Guest

Undeed, for example ,ReHIPS set on lockdown mode is very very tight.
    The last beta release is very stable (minor bugs exists but will be fixed when reported) and people can ask on their forum for a trial beta version to test it. You should give it a try.

14. @guest ,

Thanks for the reply and information. Normally I would have asked for a trial, but I have little time to play with it due to work (I work freelance, so I need to grab work when opportunity arises).

regards Kees

15. guest

guest Guest

@Windows_Security no problemo ;)

some wilder's members registered, requested and got their trial ; hope they will like it and give feedbacks.

16. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Those of you that have ReHips installed, do you let it run in default install mode of learning?

17. boredog

ok but it won't auto switch after whitelisting? if not how do you know when it is done?
    I also how it will work with my current security programs.

18. guest

guest Guest

@boredog after installation i run it in learning mode for few minutes while launching all my apps (to cretae proper clean rules)then once done, i set it to Lockdown Mode/expert level. So i get my programs and system files whitelisted, the rest will be automatically blocked.

note that i installed ReHIPS on a clean system.

i tested it alongside Appguard, Sandboxie, HMPA, Adguard; no issues so far.

19. boredog

Ok sounds good and thank you. since I have tested software for so many years my current setup seems to be ok. if I only used and kept enabled quietzone I would be fine once I reboot but a lot of programs still require a reboot after install so as the sucker I am for new programs, sometimes I have to disable it's protection. that is where I can get into trouble and have to use one of my many marcum backups;)

20. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Marcum? I guess this is a joke right? L0L
    You're signature as well.

21. boredog

mister x ? I am not sure what you mean? you don't like Marcum reflect? You don't like my programs?
    Believe me I have tried all your programs plus many many more and I was one of the original 1000 members here.

22. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

In Learning Mode, run ReHIPS for at least a weak. Two weeks would be better - because some some processes - like updates, maintenance, etc - only run once every week or so.

Otherwise, you will get HIPS alerts and make decisions.

However, if you installed ReHIPS after a clean install of the OS, then you won't have much to worry about.

Either way, you have to learn what is on your system and how to respond to any alerts; when in doubt, Block -- you can always unblock after verifying safe.

23. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think what he is referring to is there is no Marcum Reflect, it's Macrium Reflect.

Pete

24. boredog

Ahh Thanks Peter
    except it mentioned my signature

25. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Offending you wasn't my intention. Thought you were joking... Pete answered for me, still you have a wrong signature.

Regards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.