Regwatcher too good?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Grandad, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandad

Grandad Registered Member

I hope I'm in the right forum with my question. I installed Regwatcher a week ago and since I cannot bootup. Everything runs fine, I see the Windows screen (Win98 ) for about 10 seconds and then I only get as far as C: prompt. From there I'm locked out. This happened since my first bootup since installing. Safemode also blocked out. Would have loved to get at the Registry to check. Any other Regwatcher v1.2.4.2 users around?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since your using Win 98....I suggest you make sure you remember the exact date just before you installed RegWatcher....reboot sytem to Dos prompt. Once at the Dos prompt....type scanreg /restore....and choose the dated registry backup file that corresponds to that date. While the Regwatcher software will still be on the machine....any registry entries dealing with Regwatcher will not be there....and that should let you then boot properly.

3. Grandad

Thanks Bubba for the quick reply, will do it. The date, 27 May 21:55, is chipped in stone in my mind, just cannot get over it.

4. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

Thanks Bubba.

RegWatcher shouldn't do anything to the registry without your express permission. All the keys exist in both Windows XP and 98, and any that don't are ignored.

5. Grandad

Bubba, tried it but no change, great pity. Problem bigger than I thought.

That is good to know Graphic, one possibility I can ignore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.