RegSupreme/Pro registered users will be able to update to jv16 PowerTools 2009 4free!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tony62, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Registered users of both Regsupreme Pro and Regsupreme will be able to update to jv16 PowerTools 2009 4free!
    Link

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Re: RegSupreme/Pro registered users will be able to update to jv16 PowerTools 2009 4f

Good deal, thanks.

Edit:
    Bit of a glitch with license file, though.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I bought RegSupreme back at the end of February 2007, then decided I would like jv16PowerTools, so bought that at the end of March 2008. I just upgraded jv16PT2008 to jv16PT2009 a couple of weeks ago for the $7 it cost to do so. All well worth it. I guess they determined that the cost of maintaining three tiers of product versus the sales generated was not as effective as having the single top-of-the-line product.

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I note that in the announcement (dated 02.03.09...American style) Macecraft say "...simply download the next released version of PowerTools 2009 (to be released later this week) and it will work with your existing license file". We are I believe 'later this week' and I was wondering if anyone had tried the latest version on the website (v1.9.0.531) to see if this is the case...and so avoid the sues experienced by Bob D? o_O

Will try this over the weekend but just thought someone may have already tried and might like to share experiences? :D I will as soon as I get around to trying the install.

5. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Re: RegSupreme/Pro registered users will be able to update to jv16 PowerTools 2009 4f

DL'd ver here is 1.9.0.531.
    Posted on their forum regarding the RegSupreme - jv16 PT upgrade issue.
    Will post back when I receive answer.

Cheers

6. Baldrick

Thanks Bob.

Will await the update!

7. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Per timely response to query on their forum:

8. Baldrick

Hi Bob

Many thanks for the update. I will keep an eye on the Macecraft website, for the update version.

Regards

Baldrick :D

9. AKAJohnDoe

I just downloaded and installed 1.9.0.539. jv16 PowerTools 2009 automatically notified me the update was available.

10. AKAJohnDoe

UPDATE: I rolled back to the prior version (531); 539 does not work on my machine.

11. AKAJohnDoe

Apparently, 539 does not work for others as well as evidenced by the posts on the MaceCraft forum.

531 works, so I went back to it.

Sit 539 out - wait for a working version - that is my advice.

12. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

That was quick!

540 is out and it's working fine here.

13. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

prius04

Did you install this on top of a RegSupreme Pro license or a PT license?

14. AKAJohnDoe

I rolled back to jv16 PowerTools 2008, uninstalled 2009, and have requested a refund for jv16 PowerTools 2009.

15. crofttk

That's pretty quick decision relative to your post earlier about the update being no good. Did (or has) anything else go wrong?

16. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

PT, crofttk. Installed on top of build 531.

17. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I uninstalled RegSupreme Pro, and Jv 16 power Tools will look for a valid license. You will have to trigger the search though.

Attached Files:

18. crofttk

Aha, that's what I was looking for. Thanks, Osaban.

I have two jv16PT 2005 licenses and one Reg Supreme Pro. I'm curious as to whether the Reg Supreme Pro license will work for 5 PCs like the one jv16PT license upgrade I did for $7. I'm good, regardless, since I can't use on more than 6 machines right now.

19. AKAJohnDoe

I found a number of other bugs, MaceCraft was not responding to my paid support requests, MaceCraft deleted my posts from their forum in which I was discussing them, and I figure I can still get the upgrade to jv16 PowerTools 2009 for free (if it ever comes out of unofficial public beta) because I have a valid license for RegSupreme.

20. crofttk

Ouch. Well, hopefully they get everything working for everybody.

All is OK on my machines so far. However, I notice there are posts about problems with the sales and transactions interface from the past and I was sweating the purchase of the one PT2009 upgrade, it went nominally. They really do need work on that web interface though, it's not foolproof enough and it needs to be to keep perceptions on par with the reputation the software has had so far.

21. AKAJohnDoe

I expect that if MaceCraft has not cut staffing too much and if they survive these economic hard times that they will be able to make 2009 a worthy product. At this point I am am unimpressed with both the service and the product.

22. crofttk

In case anyone else was curious, Build 540 of jv16 PT 2009, after installing with a Reg Supreme Pro license from August, 2005, shows up as licensed for 5 computers on the machine that I just installed it on.

23. AKAJohnDoe

I went ahead and reinstalled the latest build of jv16 PowerTools 2009 and activated it with the license file from my copy of RegSupreme so that I could have 2009 installed in parallel with jv16 PowerTools 2008 and continue testing. According to Macecraft I should have the refund for the upgrade I paid for unneccessarily within a few days. I can also confirm that this activation file from RegSupreme from the end of February 2007 licenses for 5 computers.

One of the differences (I feel it is a bug) between the 2008 and 2008 products is that in the 2009 product when right-clicking on an entry in the registry cleaning results list there is no context menu (to bring up regedit, for instance) unless at least one of the entries is checked off; simply selecting the entry will not do it. However, once any one of the entries in the list is checked off, then all of the entries right-click context menus are active.

24. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

The same gets to me.

25. layman

layman Registered Member

I have watched Jouni Vuorio's work closely over the years. He appears to be a programming talent with great potential, but he somehow never graduates from being an amateur. When this work was shareware, I could never bring myself to send the guy any money, because his work is shoddy around the edges. Now that the software is offered for sale, I've sprung for the modest price, year after year, but am always (and highly) dissatisfied with the quality of the workmanship. I'm pretty much to the point of giving up on Jouni's work. He doesn't seem to grasp how to incorporate testing in his development process, and so every release is chock full of bugs, annoying quirks, and haphazard design choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.