RegRun Std. vs WinPatrol Plus w/R.I.D.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Given that RegRun Std. has a more comprehensive registry protection than WinPatrol Plus w/R.I.D., will I still benefit from this advantage if I decided to set RR's security setting to "ultra high level" with both "registry tracer" and "check active setup items" disabled. Between RR and WP, which application has intrusion alerts that are more timely? I would greatly appreciate any comments to this matter.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I think WP probably alerts more quickly, but only polling once every min or three may be easier on the CPU. Disabling the registry tracer will disable most registry monitoring, except for the startup monitor. If you really want to keep both, you would probably be better off going into the custom registry tracing settings and removing the individual keys.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I am a fan of WinPatrol & have the Plus edition. WP now monitors in real time, so its notifications of an *event* are near-instantaneous. However, for registry protection I think that RegRun is somewhat preferable to WP for two reasons:

*RegRun discloses exactly which registry items it covers. WP does not.

*RegRun's coverage of registry items can be configured. WP's coverage cannot.

However, perhaps you might want to do some research into another excellent program in this genré -- namely RegDefend. They have a very helpful Wilders forum right HERE.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  4. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Thanks Notok and bellgamin for the advice.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

5. awsomaha

awsomaha Registered Member

I use regdefend and find it works very, very well. It doesn't use much resources and it seems to inform you very quickly of changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.