Regprot Process Guard Questions???

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by polak, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polak

polak Registered Member

I am considering installing RegProt and Process Guard but have a couple of questions.

1) I currently have Mike Lin's Startup Monitor installed. Does Regprot give alerts to a broader range of attempted registry changes than Startup Monitor or does RegProt only give alert to attempts to install programs that will start up and run when Windows starts upo_O i.e. Does Regprot give a wider range of alerts to attempted registry entries than does Mike Lin's Startup Monitor??

http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

2)I currently have Norton SystemWorks 2003, Zonealarm Pro 4.0, Spybot, Ad-Aware, SpywarBlaster, SpywareGuard and CWShredder installed which I wish to protect with ProcessGuard. I thought I read in one of the posts that approval needs to be given to various windows within a given program when shutting down and Process Guard is installed. Is that accurate informationo_O

3) Would I have to do a lot of approvals for shutting down the programs I listed above and wish to have their processes protected if Process Guard were installedo_O

Thank you for any clarification/assistance

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

RegistryProt is an older program, the one you have most likely monitors enough locations. RegProt only monitors the most common trojan startup locations.

You can leave all those programs protected but without Window "Close Message Handling" which is experimental. Once you use it you will see what it is about, or see some of the other threads here

If you dont use Close Message Handling, you can close programs without any confirmation

3. polak

polak Registered Member

Thank you for your clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.