Registry Legacy entry

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lws, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lws

lws Registered Member

Would anyone know what this Legacy entry is related to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_MPKSL3194D331
    In System,System Properties,Device Manager,hidden devices, "Mpksl" with different added numbers ie. "Mpkslb521fec5" and so on keeps replicating itself with different added numbers. I keep deleting them but they keep returning. Never had this problem before. I am in XP Pro SP3 and any information would be appreciated. P.S. I did a google search on the above and got no results.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

A MS Security Essentials service :doubt:

Multiple files starting with MpKsl keep trying to run at startup - part of MSE?

3. lws

lws Registered Member

Many thanks. Yep, I checked C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\{F5007136-30E0-4ADC-BA1F-28BED0EED15E} and Mmksl file is there. As I said, I never seen it before and was wondering what the hell it was. Thanks again.

4. Gemini IDF

Gemini IDF Registered Member

Thanks also from me for that Bubba. I had been getting piles of these 'Legacy' files mounting up in my Registry, flagged as 'Invalid Services' by my Registry Cleaner. Now I know they're undeleted MSE updates entries, I can rest easy.
    I too, had done a Google search with no joy, except that I was worried by a suggestion that they were the result of a trojan! :argh:
    Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.