Registry changes

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beethoven, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Started this new thread as I did not want to confuse the issues. Since receiving an alert about a possible trojan, I have been scanning my PC and trying to figure out whether or not my system has been compromised.
    Based on some advice on this forum I looked at my pc setup and realised that the normal log-on should not have administrator privileges. So, I have now changed this on the two PC in question.
    Can someone please confirm that a new alert appearing in the initial "dos-like scan" stating: a change has been detected in the autostart registry" would be caused by adding a new user to the PC as the default. This must be a pretty basic query :oops: but I would feel better knowing that this alert was caused by my own actions. I looked at the crl+A screen but the info there was too technical for me to draw any conclusions :doubt:

2. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

You're probably quite safe as the auto-start registry and options for administrative and limited accounts can be very different. I'd bet you'll not see anything untoward by keying Ctrl+A under your new account to have a look-see.

:-*

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

:D Thanks BourgePD - while looking at the crl+A does not enlighten me (too technical) it is good to have a confirmation that my changing the user set up will lead to auto start registry changes. :)

4. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

You're welcome. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.