Registry Alert (freeare)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by clubhouse, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

Has anyone tried this?

Description

Registry Alert is a freeware software. It helps you to Protect your computer from spywares or from other software which start automatically on system start up and effect your computer performance. As default, it will monitor your start up registry keys, if it found any changes then it will give you a alert and allow you to stop those running processes. You can add specific registry key into 'Always remove list' after that it will automatically remove that registry key. You can add your own registry keys for monitoring.
    Support: Window 8,Windows 7,Windows XP

Features

Protect your computers from spywares or from other softwares which start automatically on system boot and effect your computer performance.
    Allow to add new registry keys for get registry alerts.

Allow you to stop running process which create the registry and allow to add always in 'always remove list' which stop process whenever it run.

Allow you to add registry keys in 'Always remove list' after that it will automatically remove this key whenever it create.

Help user to get live registry changes.

Release Note:
    Solve Admin access problem.
    Allow you to restore removed key back.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/registryalert/

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I was surprised someone else other then myself happened on this little alert app.

When i tried it a couple of months ago i was really hopeful that this standalone type registry monitor could be added to my defense strategy.

On my windows 8 x64 it started out looking ok but i quickly discovered it was severely buggy in that it won't alert sometimes if at all and after adding personally selected registry keys it failed to alert on them at all after testing.

Shame really because it looked to have some usefulness at first and the alert GUI is pretty nice.

I emailed the developer but never got any return interest to my concern and even cited Wilder's here as a useful reference for him to kick this app around for improving it. I actually installed an older version of it i like best of all but it doesn't have enough muscle to make all coverages you add alert quick enough if at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.