Recurring Spyware Problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dana, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dana

Dana Guest

hello --

i am wondering if someone can help me.

i am constantly coming home and finding that although i haven't been at the computer all day, it seems as if things are installing themselves on my computer on thier own. i am constantly seeing the lycos sidebar installed, along with top text, and various other ad softwares. it got so bad that i couldn't even start windows the other night. i had to go into safe mode and disable everything from running on startup in order for windows to get back to normal.

i downloaded and scanned my system with adaware 6 and spybot search and destroy. my problem is that the system will be ok for a few days, and then i will get home and lycos sidebar and other spyware softwares will be back, sometimes it gets worse and worse. i am looking for an answer as to why and how these things install themselves on their own, how to get rid of them for good, and what programs will prevent this all from happening on a recurring basis. if spyware blaster will do so, that would be great. will it be always running so that i can prevent anything from happening on its own?

thank you so much for reading and for your help. i dont know much about spyware yet. i really appreciate it.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Dana,

SpywareBlaster does not even have to be running to do that. How cool is that? (Answer: Javacool ;) )
    Spyware Blaster makes changes to your registry so that most known spyware won't even get a chance to get on your computer.

I would like to have a look first and see if I can find out where it's coming from.
    Please go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log as a .txt file, and copy and paste its contents into your next post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so do not fix anything yet.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Dana

Dana Guest

thank you so much for your help, youre great! im glad you guys understand what i'm going through.

i cannot get home to my pc to do that installation and everything until tonight or tomorrow. but look for my post :)

i cant believe the software is free.... thats great! i thought i would have to buy an expensive software to prevent re-installation of these programs. talk to you guys soon about this :)

4. Dana

Dana Guest

Just wanted to let you know, that since installing your software, there are no more problems. My browser's homepage has stayed where I want it, and nothing has installed itself. Your program really does block spyware from ever being installed. Thank you! You saved my computer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.