Recovery WinPE CD - What USB Network cards native?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JohnHiro007, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHiro007

JohnHiro007 Registered Member

Hello,

I am using Paragon Pro 9 Recovery WinPE CD, and have issues with having to load my onboard NIC drivers. I'd rather have a external USB network card I can just plug in. One in which it will not require loading a driver for.

I tested a Linksys USB100M USB 1.1 NIC, which does work, but requires I load the driver from the cd (and its very slow).

1) Therefore, is there a list of natively supported USB NICs?

2) Also, I imagine a USB 2.0 is preferred. But does the WinPE load USB 2.0 drivers. In other words, is there a speed increase seen when using a 2.0 NIC over a 1.0?

Thank you for your time!

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello JohnHiro007,

We don't have a list of the supported devices for WinPE, and I would love one.

WinPE does support 2.0 and you will definitely notice a big difference in speed.

3. JohnHiro007

Are there any USB 2.0 NIC's that dont require loading a driver (natively supported)?

4. Paragon_Tommy

WinPE should have the same set of default drivers that Windows does. Did you require a driver when you first installed it in Windows? You can of course always edit the WinPE iso and drop the drivers inside. When you boot, use the "load drivers" and point to the inf files. If you need the CD to automatically load the drivers upon detection, you'd have to build your own WinPE cd with the kit or BartPE.

5. JohnHiro007

1) the WinPE Recovery cd is built w/ Vista, right? So I'd be focusing on Vista compatible drivers?

2) Since I'd like to have the drivers automatically installed, what is involved in the "build your own WinPE cd with the kit"?

Thanks!

6. Paragon_Tommy

7. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I've found the BartPE solution the best. Using the downloaded Recovery iso from Paragon or building my own from within Paragon DB - the Recovery disk worked fine but only restored at USB 1.1 speed from my external USB drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.