Recommended MP4 Player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am looking for a good MP4 software player for Windows? What do you recommend? I prefer minimal footprint. I tried to play a streaming MP4 video on the web today and it would not work because I do not have a MP4 player.

Thanks in Advance.

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Not really sure what you mean by MP4 player... Get ffdshow codec and use whatever you want to play. If you want a light one, then I'd suggest Media Player Classic HomeCinema.

3. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

KMPlayer

VLC Media Player

Both have a small foot print and can play almost anything you throw at them. They have built-in codec support so you do not need to download any codecs.

Edit: These two will allow you to play a .MP4 file on your computer, but if you need to see a streaming video inside your browser, you will need to use whatever software the streaming server is streaming in. For example, adobe Flash player can stream .MP4 videos, and if the sever is streaming such a video, then you can only see the video by installing Flash.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Thanks everyone.

I already had VLC installed on my PC's. I forgot that VLC would play MP4's. I did not have MP4's associated with VLC, but I do now. I have now allowed VLC to run in my Sandbox. However, I cannot get any of the car repair videos on the following web page to play. Is it a web site problem or do I have a problem with my PC?

http://www.cincitdi.com/howto-videos

Thanks again.

5. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

For this, you need quicktime browser plugin installed. If plays fine on my (sandboxed) SRWare Iron 5.0.326, am I using Quicktime Alternative Lite (Google for it).

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Media Player Classic. Been using it for over 10 years. It comes with k-lite mega codec pack which will play just about any video media. You can get it at this link http://www.free-codecs.com/

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Media Player Classic Home Cinema is what i use nowadays for all movie/video.
    Plays everything i have ever tried and a very low footprint.
    http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.