Recommend Security Setup for Banking/Online Shopping

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Securit, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securit

Securit Registered Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a secure setup for banking/online shopping on a computer running Windows XP SP3?

I currently have KIS 2012 and Trusteer Rapport. Is this sufficient, or do I need additional layers of protection?

Would DefenseWall with Privatefirewall and EAM be a better setup?

I would like the best, lightest, secure setup. KIS is not quite as light as I'd like. Thanks! :)

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Your setup is perfectly fine :thumb:
    Lighter setup? Remove everything and install WSA Essential.

3. beetlebum

beetlebum Registered Member

I second everything the poster above me says.

I have Trusteer Rapport installed and only turn it on when I'm about to make a financial transaction, or check my bank statements.

I am also running Webroot, albeit it's Secureanywhere Complete and not Essentials. Nonetheless, I've been quite happy with how extremely lightweight it is.

I actually had Kaspersky Internet Security installed on my mom's PC for a while, but had to remove it, mainly because it would interfere with System Restore and prevent a successful operation.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

A recent thread discussed this topic.

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

If you are running WSA Essentials or Complete, WSA's Identity Shield does the same job as Trusteer Rapport, so you don't need Trusteer Rapport as well.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

With DefenseWall you don't need private firewall.

Lightest setup would be running as Limited User, but since every one likes to to run as admin here is an alternative. Download and install edgeguard solo from https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1423763&postcount=3

When you use Chrome, http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTAB...rowsers/Portable-Google-Chrome-Chromium.shtml download Chromium, unzip in C:\Programs Files Now uninstall Chrome.

Set Edgeguard to protect all your browsers, e-mail, mediaplayers and office software. When it is installed in C:\Program Files, Edgeguard works ok.

Install Trusteer Rapport. Rapport works with FF and IE and Chrome, but not with chromium. Use chromium for ultra fast browsing, IE or FF for internet banking.

Add this with your favourite free AV (e.g. Avast)

7. Securit

Securit Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendations! I very much appreciate it!

8. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i only trust my browser wether or not firewall and av are installed.
    in doubt i can check the information about the security token in the url-bar.
    firefox also offers private mode what do i need more?

shops should have a eTrust certificate but that is only one criterion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.