RealVNC

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by CladdaghLove, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CladdaghLove

CladdaghLove Registered Member

Hi guys. I just ran a trial version of SpyCop to see what would come up because I'm randomly paranoid about being monitored by other people. Not in a general way, like from websites or the government, but from people that I actually know.

At any rate, the scan results turned up an instance of RealVNC/WinVNC Client -- I understand that it's a remote admin application, but it's something I've never downloaded before, so I was curious to know if it's automatically included in WindowsXP or some other run-of-the-mill application?

The scan also uncovered Gator, which I'm not too worried about under these circumstances, and also winmgmt.exe in the C:\1386 directory as well as something called tgrc.dll in a program files\support.com\bin directory.

And if this doesn't mean that anything could be going on, is it possible to find out if you are being monitored by someone in particular, even though they have never touched your computer themselves? I don't open or receive any files, and I use Zone Alarm Pro, even though that may not mean much.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.