Realtime heuristic data - What's triggering HIPS alerts

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Notok, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Pretty cool, Prevx now has a realtime monitor up on the website that shows what programs are triggering alerts of various system areas. We're always looking at HIPS and considering what protection options are really worthwhile, but I think this is the first that I've seen of anything resembling statistics of what's triggering each of those kinds of alerts, and it's in realtime at that. There's a lot of information to soak in there, apparently Prevx1 is seeing something like 30,000 new things per day, but it's pretty well layed-out. Earlier today showed a lot more things on the "blackboard" than now (as I write). Some things are obviously benign, but I'm sure that will get better as the database fills up more, and it's still interesting to see what kind of things are triggering those kinds of alerts with behavior blockers. Since this is Prevx1's heuristic data, stuff that's obviously bad you know is going right into the database, so it's also a bit like getting a peek behind the scenes.

http://research.prevx.com/

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Interesting site, thanks. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.