Real time protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by BG, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Thanks average joe, I mean Matt!

Enjoy your work. http://remove-malware.com/ :thumb:

I agree too, using sandboxie or DefenseWall, blocks/limits any chance of infection. But when recovering (sandboxie), or trusting files (DefenseWall), using another product (such as prevx edge or another AV) allows for files to be checked/analysed accordingly.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hey matt i like your youtube videos:thumb: keep up the good work man:thumb:

3. removemalware

removemalware Registered Member

Thanks man! Before I trust a file I've run it through a virustotal.com scan. Personally I really don't have to mess with DefenseWall much. If i need to install an application I just trust it and move on.

4. removemalware

As always, thank you very much! ;)

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

do you have any new test review for friday?i want to get a 2 liter pepsi and popcorn and watch some action movies:D did you tried drivesentry yet?
    i also want to mention i really love the test you did on defensewall hips it was very impresive thanks again.

6. Mars

Mars Registered Member

this may be a little off topic, but do u guys know any programs that can offer "strong" real-time protection on a 64 bit computer? SAS is an option i suppose....

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Comodo Internet Security (CIS) runs on 64 bit, XP or Vista. Components include a firewall, antivirus, & HIPS. The antivirus is not among the best, but it is improving fast. The firewall & HIPS are superb.

CIS is free. CIS PRO is NOT free. IMO, the PRO version isn't worth the money, so I recommend the free version.

Pay attention while you are installing CIS. Read before clicking. I especially urge you to be careful to opt OUT of the tool bar gizmo. That tool bar (IMO) is a certifiable PITA that should be avoided. Other than that, CIS is quite good.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another option for 64bit is VIPRE AV. Read about it HERE.

On this Friday, 11/28/2008, VIPRE will be priced 70% OFF!!! Get it HERE.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for the links buddy:thumb: 10 bucks for vipre is really good:thumb: thanks again

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hey matt I enjoy your videos of testing products.If you get a chance at some point in time can you test out Zemana Antilogger for its proactive detection.

10. removemalware

Thanks Dude! I have tried Drive Sentry and I'll be making a prevention video soon on that one.

I'm currently "in love" with sandboxing...there is just no better way to protect a pc from "drive by" malware.

Reviews are on hold this week...I need to get that bootable anti-malware video tutorial done finally.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool:thumb: keep it up the good and hard work:thumb: and thank you:thumb:

12. Mars

Mars Registered Member

Thx bellgamin! However, im using Avira Premium Security Suite...i just need something to cover its ass lol. i tried norton antibot (meh) and SAS. I guess ill wait for threatfires or edge to come out with a 64bit counterpart:cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.