Read Error using rescue boot diskettes..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zippi, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippi

zippi Registered Member

I just installed TI 8 and created an image of my hard drive spanning 2 CDs. I want to restore the image to a different hard drive so that I don't have to reinstall everything. I'm running XP SP1.

Okay, I created the rescue bootable diskettes using 3 floppy disks. By the way, is there any way to make the disks that store the image file bootable?

Anyway, without fail, I get a "Read Error" when I try to access the second rescue floppy diskette. Iv'e created the disks 3 times, using different disks, and I get the same error on disk 2 everytime. Any idea why? I need to resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks.

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Try cleaning the floppy disk drive.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Not without a lot of work that Acronis doesn't support.

I don't understand why you don't want to use the bootable TrueImage recovery CD instead of the floppies. Since you are in a hurry, that would be the quick solution - and TI will boot much faster from the CD than from floppies.

Why the second floppy fails beats me, but it looks like you have tried everything in terms of different disks that might make it work.

4. zippi

zippi Registered Member

I'll burn the bootable rescue image to CD, and hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks for the replys.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zippi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem seems to be with the floppies. If it is possible, please try to create Acronis Bootable Floppies using another computer (with another floppy drive) and let us know the result.

Also please tell whether every time you get an error with the second floppy?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.